Friday, August 24, 2012

A Day in the Life...San Diego

A Day in the Life...San Diego

(Cali Trip: Day Three)


Steve "Action" Jackson and Manny Vargas at Lucha Libre Taco Shop in San Diego, CA.
  I woke up at 5am so that Paul could drive me to the Anaheim train station.  I took the 6:52 Amtrak Pacific Coastliner, and was pretty stoked to be on my way down to hang out with my good friend Manny Vargas in San Diego.  I was, also, pretty happy with the fact that the train had free wifi which gave me the opportunity to skype with my wife, check my email, and play around on Facebook.  My trip took a turn for the unexpected when train conductors announced that they were having engine troubles and had to shut down the train.  For nearly two hours, we sat quite literally dead in our tracks with no power.  Fortunately, the people sitting near me (Diane and Evan) were really cool to talk with and helped pass the time.  eventually, a second train arrived, linked up with our dead train, and towed us to San Diego.


    Manny picked me up at the Old Town station, and drove us back to his new house that he and his wife Mailei just moved into.  after taking a quick tour of Manny and Mailei's new place, Manny and I went to Lucha Libre Taco Shop to satiate my craving for a California Burrito.  I ended up ordering a Surfin' California Burrito Pro...shrimp, steak, avocado, french fries, and chipotle sauce all wrapped up into one big massive burrito with a side of refried beans and rice...and an ice cold horchata to wash it all down!  Mmmmm, so good!


  Manny and I spent a good portion of the afternoon working in his office, before heading out with Mailei.  The three of us went for an SUP session at Spanish Landing over by San Diego International airport.  From there, I got dropped off at the downtown train station and Manny headed home to pack for his trip to the IBA Sintra Portugal Pro.  Safe travels, brotha.  Stoked...YEEEWWW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

STACT app

STACT app #STACTapp Dowload the STACT app today!   The STACT app, developed by Boardscore Inc., provides comprehensive information ...