Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Day in the Life...Planes, Trains, Automobiles, & Setting up for the Jenks Pro

A Day in the Life...Planes, Trains, Automobiles, & Setting up for the Jenks Pro


  Okay, so yesterday I blogged from LAX airport while waiting for my flight.  Afterwards things went down like this...LAX to EWR on United Airlines.  United suffered a nationwide computer system failure so after six plus hours at the airport, one gate change, a four and a half hour flight delay, and manually being checked-in for my flight, I got out of Los Angeles.  Things didn't go much smoother when I landed in New Jersey.  I took the NJ Transit train from Newark Airport to Spring Lake...the train's engine died in Elberon around 3am and I spent an hour sitting on a dead train.  I finally arrived in Spring Lake around 4:30am, and walked home from the train station.  As hungry as I was, I was even more tired from being up and on the go for nearly 23 hours.  I think I was alseep before my head even hit my pillow!



  After a three hour power nap, I was up by 9am to get ready to be on the beach at Jenks by 10am to start setting up the event structure.  Ben Severson, Dave Kelly, Dillon Myer, Jason Bitzer, me, and a handful of the Jenks beach crew guys worked on unloading the delivery truck and setting up scaffolding down on the beach.  After several hours of setting up, we called it a day's work.  Bitzer drove me down to Jenkinson's Aquarium so I could pick up the Scion xB promotional car then Bitzer, Dave, and I headed over to the Manasquan location of Bubbakoo's Burritos (an official sponsor of the Jenks Pro) and dove into a well-deserved lunch.  Mmmmm, I love there shredded pork soft tacos!  :)


  To say I'm a little tired right now would be a bit of an understatement, and tomorrow's going to be another busy day.  So, I think I'm going to call it a night early.  I will catch up with all of you tomorrow...pray for surf...YEEEWWW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

STACT app

STACT app #STACTapp Dowload the STACT app today!   The STACT app, developed by Boardscore Inc., provides comprehensive information ...