Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A DAY IN THE LIFE: New Jersey Travel Blog, Pt. I: In-Flight Status

A DAY IN THE LIFE: New Jersey Travel Blog, Pt. I: In-Flight Status


  Whenever it comes time to travel, whether it's a flight to somewhere new or a visit home, I always get excited like a stoked little grom!  I'm like a kid on Christmas when it comes to flying, no matter where the destination might be!  I can only imagine what the "Golden Age" of air travel must have been like...back in the 1960's when international air travel was glamorous, people got dressed up to travel, gorgeous flight attendants tended to the rich and famous, and the flight was almost as much of an event as your final destination!

  I always try to enjoy every aspect of a trip as much as possible.  From the departing flight to the destination itself to the return flight home, make the best of every moment.  Enjoy the journey as well as the destination.  It's all part of the new grand adventure you are about to embark on!  In this day and age, it's very easy to get caught up in dealing with crowds, flight cancellations, security checkpoints, and paying baggage fees for just about everything imaginable (overweight, oversized, etc.) that most people seem to have forgotten the joys of travelling by airplane.  It's a shame.  A little patience and courtesy goes a long way towards making a long flight more pleasant.

  With all of that said, I'm looking forward to my overnight flight back home to New Jersey.  As usual, I'll be sure to dress comfortable and casual for the flight...but not too casual!  A nice button-down shirt and a comfy pair of jeans tend to be my in-flight apparel of choice.  I may not be dressed in a suit and tie for the trip like someone from the "Golden Age of Flight," but you will NEVER catch me boarding an airplane wearing sweatpants or pajamas like some sort of slob!  Let's keep it classy, people.

  So, with my bags all packed, I'm off to the airport.  Until tomorrow, I'm Steve "Action" Jackson.  I'll see you in New Jersey...YEEEWWW!!!

1 comment:

STACT app

STACT app #STACTapp Dowload the STACT app today!   The STACT app, developed by Boardscore Inc., provides comprehensive information ...